Sat, Oct 21|
Introduction to Tai Chi-Qigong with Nanette
Enjoy slow, flowing, gentle movement! This class will be accessible to all levels, providing both standing and seated options, and is safe and easy to learn, as well as gentle on joints.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Frederick, 125 S Carroll St Suite 101, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
About the event
Enjoy slow, flowing, gentle movement! This class will be accessible to all levels, providing both standing and seated options, and is safe and easy to learn, as well as gentle on joints. Research supports many benefits, including improving focus and balance, increasing mindfulness and energy levels, building strength and flexibility, as well as reducing pain and stress. Learn to enjoy movement in a relaxed, fun, and welcoming way! Please wear comfortable clothes and bring water.
As a result of participation, students will:
1. Understand the difference between tai chi and qigong.
2. Appreciate the many benefits of Tai Chi
3. Demonstrate the basics movements found in a Tai Chi-Qigong session.
4. Practice a complete form and be able to continue enjoying tai chi.
5. Apply principles of the practice to other aspects of daily living including breathing, mindfulness balance, stress management, relaxation, and self-care.
This 90-minute workshop will have an emphasis on experiential learning. Be ready to enjoy moving without memorizing or perfection- just flowing movement in a relaxed frame of mind and body!
1. Introduction to Tai Chi-Qigong-what it is and what is not and why that Is important. 2. Research on the amazing benefits of this practice to our physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual health
3. Basic vocabulary you would hear in a Tai Chi session.
4. Basic forms (movements).
5. A complete set of connected flowing simple forms to bring home and keep moving! 6. What will be your next steps and resources for continuing your practice?
7. How can Tai Chi show up and enhance your lifelong wellbeing?
Wear comfortable clothes and either no shoes or footwear that is not stiff. Bring water. You will receive a “Tai Chi 101” handouts to jot down notes or ideas. Bring something to write with!
Can’t wait to share the joy of movement with you!